- Program Basics
- Berrien BookShark
- Field Trips: In-Person Bonus Experience
- Virtual Classes >
- Animal Husbandry >
- Buchanan Art Center
- Ceramics/Pottery >
- Circle C with Shelly Adkins: Collaborative Art
- Collage: Jon Whidden
- Creative Design with Robert Ritzenthaler
- Prosper Arts: Cultural Multimedia
- Design Street in Plainwell
- Drawing and Painting Classes: see tabs >
- Jewelry: Chainmaille with Kim Bollman
- FLC: Mixed Media Art
- Glass >
- GVNCP: Backyard Art Zoom
- Leather Tooling
- Krasl Art Center
- Lake MIchigan STEAMWORKS: Fiber Art
- Photography and Videography >
- Business: E-commerce Entrepenuers
- Chess >
- Dance: Fine Arts >
- CTE: Career and Technical Education
- Drama >
- Family Adventure Trips >
- Foreign Languages >
- Humanities >
- Life Skills >
- Nature/Environment >
Physical Fitness & Sports
- Aquatics: ALL water-related classes
- Archery: Fitness in Archery @ Ground Zero SJ
- Basketball: Andrews Jr. Cardinals
- Fitness Classes at the BH/SJ YMCA
- Gymnastics >
- Hockey: Youth League
- Ice Skating: Learn to Skate: Garden Ice Arena
- Life RX: Teen Strength/Conditioning
- Martial Arts
- Pickleball 101: AU
- Rock Climbing
- Indoor Soccer: Andrews Jr. Cardinals and Red Arrow Soccer Club
- Softball: Dugout Dolls
- Tennis: Group Lessons
- Volleyball: Ground Zero
- Swim and Gym Locations
- Swimming or Diving Lessons: AU
- Swim Lessons: SouthShore
- Swim Lessons: YMCA, Bridgman
- Swim Clubs
- Physical Fitness & Sports >
- Technology >
- Vocational Education >
- Dual Enrollment / CTE
- Meet your Mentor
- Contacts / Resources
- Field Trips: Virtual Options
- Ground Zero: Target Archery
Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
Ground Zero Volleyball Spring 2023
Students are required to complete a project for this class
Instructor: Coach Dawson firstname.lastname@example.org 269-240-4764 (Coach Dawson)
Location: Ground Zero Training Center, St. Joe - 4032 M-139
Additional registration at location is NOT required.
St. Joe Location – Friday
Fri. – classes begin Jan. 13
10am - 12pm
Description: This course is a student BASE for an educational approach to the fundamentals of volleyball, with emphasis on player’s overall fitness.
This course is not an open gym forum. Techniques and fundamentals will be stressed through developmental drills and then incorporated into games.
- Warm up stretches specifically for volleyball.
- Equipment used in volleyball.
- Terminology used in volleyball.
- How to perform a proper pass.
- How to execute a proper set.
- How to perform a proper spike.
- How to serve the volleyball.
- How volleyball games are scored and game rules.
- Fun history facts about volleyball
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Sara Smothers