- Program Basics
- Virtual Classes >
- Bit By Bit Stables: For the Love of Horses
- Cedar Lodge Stables
- Caliridge Farm: Equine Care and Horsemanship
- Red Bud Gypsies Ranch
- Circle C Stables
- Ground Zero: Exploring Equine Education
- Ground Zero: Mounted Archery
- Patsy Little: Horse Care and Management
- Birchbank Farm: Hobby Farm Life
- Spring Creek Equestrian Center
- Sketching Class: Greek Architecture
- Buchanan Art Center
- Ceramics/Pottery >
- Creative Design with Robert Ritzenthaler
- Design Street in Plainwell
- Drawing and Painting Classes: see tabs >
- Jewelry /Beadwork >
- FLC: Art and Culture Around the World
- Ground Zero: Archery Art
- GVNCP: Nature and Community Arts
- Krasl Art Center
- Photography and Videography >
- Glass >
- Water Street Glassworks >
- Business and Finance >
- Chess >
- Dance: Fine Arts >
- CTE: Career and Technical Education
- Drama >
- Family Adventure Trips >
- Foreign Languages >
- Humanities >
- Music Lessons: Independent Music Study >
Music Lessons: Group
- Be in a Band: Jon Whidden
- Berrien Springs Public School - Band or Choir
- Dave Carlock's FRS Program
- Jazz & Creative Institure - Kalamazoo
- Citadel : Kindermusik
- Lake Michigan Youth Orchestra
- The Music Academies - Niles
- School of American Music
- West Michigan Homeschool Fine Arts
- Shoreline Music Classes
- Nature/Environment >
- Gymnastics >
- Martial Arts
Physical Fitness & Sports
- Swim and Gym Locations
- Swim Lessons/Swim Teams >
- Technology >
- Vocational Education >
- Dual Enrollment / CTE
- Meet your Mentor
- Contacts / Resources
- Field Trips: Virtual Options
Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
Stevensville Dance Studios
Dance Arts Spring 2020
Dance Arts: Building Character...Enhancing Lives
2425 W Marquette Woods Rd, Stevensville 429-5711
Additional registration at location is required.
Weather policy:1 hour before the class it will be announced on social media Facebook/instagram if the weather is causing any cancellations
Dance Arts is a studio devoted to the teaching of dance as an ART FORM, to both children and adults. Our staff provides each student with instruction, encouragement, and personal interest to succeed. Dance is the finest exercise known, producing a graceful, strong, and healthy body. As a result of this personal interest and instruction, we now have many former students dancing and teaching with professional companies, colleges, and theaters all over the US.
Our curriculum consists of the following, and students are carefully evaluated and guided to a schedule best suited to their needs, be it a career, or the simplicity of enjoying movement!
Evidence of Learning: Instructor evaluation AND one of the following:
Participation in recital or other performance - submit program.
If a recital is not offered, a video of semester objectives must be submitted.
Sign up for any class meeting once a week!
* All new students must register IN PERSON.
* Previous students may MAIL in their registration.
* Anyone needing dance wear should come in during registration.
CLASSICAL BALLET * POINTE * CONTEMPORARY * JAZZ * TAP * HIP-HOP* TUMBLING *
MOM & ME /TINY TOTS * PRE-DANCE * BOYS COMBO * PILATES/YOGA**LATIN WORKOUT
A student may remain in the same level for 1 to 3 years, advancing upon their own proven ability. The titles I, II, or III are primarily based on age group & are simply titles within the level. Note classes marked with * have requirements to meet.
For more information, see the Dance Arts website
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record:Sara Smothers