- Program Basics
- Virtual Classes >
- Animal Husbandry >
- Buchanan Art Center
- Miniature Furniture Construction
- Ceramics/Pottery >
- Creative Design with Robert Ritzenthaler
- Design Street in Plainwell
- Drawing and Painting Classes: see tabs >
- Jewelry /Beadwork >
- FLC: Art and Culture Around the World
- Ground Zero: Archery Art
- Krasl Art Center
- Nature and Community Arts
- Photography and Videography >
- Stained Glass Options >
- Water Street Glassworks >
- BSPS Classes >
- Business and Finance >
- Chess >
- Dance: Fine Arts >
- CTE: Career and Technical Education
- Drama >
- Family Adventure Trips >
- Field Trips
- Humanities >
- Nature/Environment >
- Gymnastics >
- Martial Arts
Physical Fitness & Sports
- Rock Climbing
- Swim and Gym Locations
- Swim Lessons/Swim Teams >
- Technology >
- Vocational Education >
- Dual Enrollment / CTE
- Meet your Mentor
- Contacts / Resources
Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
Stained Glass: Fall 2018
Location: Stevensville Studio: 5007 W. Donna Dr. From Meijer turn onto Marquette Wds. Rd., turn right onto S. Roosevelt, then left onto Hidden Pines Trl. Turn right onto N. Donna Dr., then left onto W. Donna. Brick ranch house on end with blue shutters. Come through garage, studio is downstairs.
Instructor: Heidi Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
Heidi is a second-grade teacher for Watervliet Public Schools and has been teaching for 21 years. She has been a stained glass artist for 23 years.
Additional registration at location is NOT required.
**Students must bring protective eyewear to class- any style, closed toe shoes and hair pulled back if long.
INTRODUCTION TO STAINED GLASS
Day/Time: Tuesdays, 4:15-6:15pm Begins Sept. 18th, ends Nov. 13 NO CLASS 10/16
1. Introduction to tool use, proper handling of glass and materials and safety measures.
2. Brief study of the history of stained glass and the styles through the ages.
3. Study of famous stained glass artists and their world renowned pieces.
4. Structured time of making a specific piece/project learning to follow a pattern.
5. Free style practice and design of individual piece.
Teacher of Record: Lisa Van Plew-Cid
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.