- Program Basics
- Virtual Classes >
- Bit By Bit Stables: For the Love of Horses
- Cedar Lodge Stables
- Caliridge Farm: Equine Care and Horsemanship
- Red Bud Gypsies Ranch
- Circle C Stables
- Ground Zero: Exploring Equine Education
- Ground Zero: Mounted Archery
- Patsy Little: Horse Care and Management
- Birchbank Farm: Hobby Farm Life
- Spring Creek Equestrian Center
- Sketching Class: Greek Architecture
- Buchanan Art Center
- Ceramics/Pottery >
- Creative Design with Robert Ritzenthaler
- Design Street in Plainwell
- Drawing and Painting Classes: see tabs >
- Jewelry /Beadwork >
- FLC: Art and Culture Around the World
- Ground Zero: Archery Art
- GVNCP: Nature and Community Arts
- Krasl Art Center
- Photography and Videography >
- Glass >
- Water Street Glassworks >
- Business and Finance >
- Chess >
- Dance: Fine Arts >
- CTE: Career and Technical Education
- Drama >
- Family Adventure Trips >
- Field Trips
- Foreign Languages >
- Humanities >
- Music Lessons: Independent Music Study >
Music Lessons: Group
- Be in a Band: Jon Whidden
- Berrien Springs Public School - Band or Choir
- Dave Carlock's FRS Program
- Jazz & Creative Institure - Kalamazoo
- Citadel : Kindermusik
- Lake Michigan Youth Orchestra
- The Music Academies - Niles
- School of American Music
- West Michigan Homeschool Fine Arts
- Shoreline Music Classes
- Nature/Environment >
- Gymnastics >
- Martial Arts
Physical Fitness & Sports
- Swim and Gym Locations
- Swim Lessons/Swim Teams >
- Technology >
- Vocational Education >
- Dual Enrollment / CTE
- Meet your Mentor
- Contacts / Resources
Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
St. Joseph Aquatics (SJA) Fall 2019
Location: St. Joseph High School Pool
Days/Times: Vary according to level, please refer to website: http://www.sjaquatics.org/
Parent Contact: Jennifer Gould firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note that the partnership covers up to $400 for instructional time only. The remaining balance and meet fees are NOT included and must be self-paid. Any uniforms or equipment are the responsibility of the family.
Make your first step towards Olympic greatness and join the USA swim team . . .
SJA is welcoming new members to their dynamic program! If you join SJA new in the Spring, you must begin in Jan. since practices only run through March.
Levels include Beginner, Intermediate 1 and 2, and Advanced. Level may be determined by previous experience or during first practice after joining.
Stroke Clinic: available as a separate, 2nd choice to any swimmer involved in fall and spring semester SJA. The stroke clinic starts the week after spring break.
All Groups: All groups will be taught the fundamentals of swimming, practice, and competition. However, the coaching staff hopes to help the athlete develop as a person and as a teammate while inspiring a passion for swimming. The swimmer will be challenged physically, mentally, and personally and will learn both interpersonal lessons and health and fitness lessons in a positive, team atmosphere.
New families: Students who are new to SJA are granted a 2 week trial period before committing to the program.
SJA offers practice at all levels 5 evenings/week. Although daily attendance is not required, at least 3 days/week is encouraged to gain the most benefit from the program and an average of 2x per week is required. Please consider the time commitment before selecting this class.
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Sara Smothers