- Program Basics
- Berrien BookShark
- Field Trips: In-Person Bonus Experience
- Virtual Classes >
- Animal Husbandry >
- Decor Painting
- Roti Roti Art Center of Buchanan
- Ceramics/Pottery >
- Circle C with Shelly Adkins: Collaborative Art
- Be Creative with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Prosper Arts: Art and Photography Classes
- Design Street in Plainwell
- Drawing and Painting Classes: see tabs >
- Glass >
- GVNCP: Art Classes
- Krasl Art Center
- Outer Space Art at Lake Michigan STEAMWORKS
- Photography >
- Critical Thinking (formerly Chess) >
- Dance: Fine Arts >
- CTE: Career and Technical Education
- Drama >
- Foreign Languages >
- Humanities >
- Life Skills >
- Nature/Environment >
Physical Fitness & Sports
- Aquatics: ALL water-related classes
- Archery: Fitness in Archery @ Ground Zero SJ
- Basketball: Andrews Jr. Cardinals
- Basketball: Rodney Hoops/ Harbor Impact
- Fitness Classes at the BH/SJ YMCA
- Golf: Andrews Jr. Cardinals
- Gymnastics >
- Hockey: Youth League
- Ice Skating: Learn to Skate: Garden Ice Arena
- Life RX: Teen Strength/Conditioning
- Martial Arts
- Disk Golf: Andrews Jr. Cardinals
- Pickleball: Andrews Jr. Cardinals
- Rock Climbing
- Soccer: Andrews Jr. Cardinals and Red Arrow Soccer Club
- Softball: Dugout Dolls
- Tennis: Group Lessons
- Girls Volleyball: Andrews Jr. Cardinals
- Volleyball: Ground Zero
- Swim and Gym Locations
- Swimming or Diving Lessons: AU
- Swim Lessons: SouthShore
- Swim Lessons: YMCA, Bridgman
- Swim Clubs
- Physical Fitness & Sports >
- Technology >
- Vocational Education >
- Dual Enrollment / CTE
- Meet your Mentor
- Contacts / Resources
Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
Isle Royale National Park Trip - Family Education in a Wilderness Spring 2017 Counts as two classes!
A unique partnership between the National Park Service, Forever Resorts, The Isle Royale Line, Home School Partnerships and the Isle Royale Institute.
The Isle Royale Institute will be offering a family camp program for home-school partnerships from South West Michigan in the summer of 2017. This is an opportunity for families to be introduced to one of North America's most pristine environments located on Lake Superior. Isle Royale is an International Biosphere reserve, a US National Park and the home of the world's longest running predator prey study.
Program will be taught locally by Colleen and Tom Hurst, experienced Isle Royale guides and natural resources teachers. The program will be truly multi-generational with activities tailored to family interest of the cultural and natural resources of Isle Royale.
The on island portion of the trip will begin at the dock of the Isle Royale Queen in Copper Harbor, Michigan. We will travel to Isle Royale by water taxi, canoe and foot, shelter will be in tents at group campgrounds. Activities will be age specific and will involve hiking, canoeing, and nature education as well as trips to a working historic fishery, lighthouse and Wolf Moose research center. We can tailor programs in geology, archeology, recent history, wildlife and fisheries, and all aspects of wilderness travel.
Timing: Local classes: January 30, February 13, March 20, April 24, May 22. June class if needed.5:30 PM - 7:00 PM This time is to accommodate adult work schedules. Can be flexible with previous participants and alternate online activities.
Trip dates: July 5 - 9 OR 10 - 14
Location: Berrien Springs Schools or Hurst farm in Sodus.
Instructors: Tom and Colleen Hurst: email@example.com
Ages: Students Age 7 and up, must be good walkers
Summer Trip: July 10. Meet in Copper Harbor at Fort Wilkins State park group campsite by 6:00 pm. Camping at park or Copper Harbor hotel for first night.
July 11. 8:00 AM departure, Travel to island on Isle Royale Queen approximately 3 hours. Power water taxi to Daisy Farm Campground for program. Camp 3 nights.
July 14. Return to Rock Harbor for ferry trip back to Copper Harbor. Program concludes in Copper Harbor.
Cost: This is a parent Partnership funded class requiring attendance in two sections. Virtual and traditional instruction. All expenses for students except travel to Copper Harbor are included. Parent, non student rate is $650.00 Participants will need to provide only clothing, day pack, sleeping bag and sleeping pad.
The National Park Service , Forever Resorts, The Isle Royale Line, and the Isle Royale Institute and the Wolf Moose Study are contributing to this program by providing on island transportation, cross lake travel, interpretive staff, Wilderness first responder certified guides, reduced access cost and equipment use.