- Program Basics
- Virtual Classes >
- Bittersweet Stables: All About Horses
- Equine Studies: Red Bud Gypsies Ranch
- Sandmann Farm: Horsemanship 101 & 102
- Horses from Head to Tail: Circle C Stables
- Ground Zero - Exploring Equine Education
- Mounted Archery
- Horse Care and Management with Patsy Little
- Janine Frizzo: Small Animal Husbandry
- Spring Creek Equestrian Center
- Architecture - Architectural Sketching
- Buchanan Art Center
- Miniature Furniture Construction
- Ceramics/Pottery >
- Creative Design with Robert Ritzenthaler
- Design Street in Plainwell
- Drawing and Painting Classes: see tabs >
- Jewelry /Beadwork >
- FLC: Art and Culture Around the World
- Ground Zero: Archery Art
- Krasl Art Center
- Nature and Community Arts
- Photography and Videography >
- Stained Glass Options >
- Water Street Glassworks >
- BSPS Classes >
- Business and Finance >
- Chess >
- Dance >
- CTE: Career and Technical Education
- Drama >
- Family Adventure Trips >
- Field Trips
- Humanities >
- Internships >
- Cooking >
- Crochet: with Niki McNeil
- Knitting: With Maria Dahn
Sewing and Textiles
- Creative Sewing with Jessica Yoder
- Ground Zero Sewing - Prairie Days
- Sew Fun: Intro to Sewing
- Sewing or Quilting: Doreen Cox
- Sewing and Quilting: Robin English
- Sewing or Quilting: Tara Behrman
- Sewing: Jackie Ransom
- Janine Frizzo - Sewing, tailoring and textiles with Janine Frizzo
- Janine Frizzo - Sheep to Shawl
- Sewing with Gabrielle Zook
- Nature/Environment >
- Gymnastics >
- Martial Arts
Physical Fitness & Sports
- Basketball >
- CrossFit Locations
- Diving: Bridgman Pool
- Grace Christian Sports
- Ground Zero: Fitness In Archery
- Hockey: BAHA Blades
- Ice Skating: Learn to Skate: Garden Ice Arena
- Kalamazoo YMCA classes
- Physical Fitness Classes at the BH/SJ YMCA
- Physical Fitness Classes at the Niles-Buchanan YMCA
- Soccer >
- Tennis: Group Lessons
- Volleyball >
- Youth Dance Fitness Training
- Swim and Gym Locations
- Swim Lessons/Swim Teams >
- Technology >
- Vocational Education >
- Dual Enrollment / CTE
- Meet your Mentor
- Contacts / Resources
Ground Zero Volleyball Spring 2018
Instructor: Coach Dawson, Coach Karey email@example.com 269-240-4764 (Coach Dawson)
Location: Ground Zero Training Center, 1922 E. Main Street, Niles, MI 49120
Additional registration at location is NOT required.
Monday 3:30 - 5:30pm Class begins February 5,12,19,26 – April 2,9,16,23,30 – May 7,14,21 Year-End Expo May 12 @ 4 pm or May 14 @ 6 pm
Thursday 9:30 - 11:30am Class begins February 8,15,22 – March 1 –April 5,12,19,26 – May 3,10,17, 31 Year-End Expo May 12 @ 4 pm or May 14 @ 6 pm
Description: This course is a student BASE for an educational approach to the fundamentals of volleyball, with emphasis on player’s overall fitness.
This course is not an open gym forum. Techniques and fundamentals will be stressed through developmental drills and then incorporated into games.
- Warm up stretches specifically for volleyball.
- Equipment used in volleyball.
- Terminology used in volleyball.
- How to perform a proper pass.
- How to execute a proper set.
- How to perform a proper spike.
- How to serve the volleyball.
- How volleyball games are scored and game rules.
Online training material will be used during each class to aid students in developing a comprehensive understanding of volleyball.
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Sara Smothers