- Program Basics
- Virtual Classes >
- Bit By Bit Stables: For the Love of Horses
- Cedar Lodge Stables
- Caliridge Farm: Equine Care and Horsemanship
- Red Bud Gypsies Ranch
- Circle C Stables
- Ground Zero: Exploring Equine Education
- Ground Zero: Mounted Archery
- Patsy Little: Horse Care and Management
- Birchbank Farm: Hobby Farm Life
- Spring Creek Equestrian Center
- Sketching Class: Greek Architecture
- Buchanan Art Center
- Ceramics/Pottery >
- Creative Design with Robert Ritzenthaler
- Design Street in Plainwell
- Drawing and Painting Classes: see tabs >
- Jewelry /Beadwork >
- FLC: Art and Culture Around the World
- Ground Zero: Archery Art
- GVNCP: Nature and Community Arts
- Krasl Art Center
- Photography and Videography >
- Glass >
- Water Street Glassworks >
- Business and Finance >
- Chess >
- Dance: Fine Arts >
- CTE: Career and Technical Education
- Drama >
- Family Adventure Trips >
- Field Trips
- Foreign Languages >
- Humanities >
- Music Lessons: Independent Music Study >
Music Lessons: Group
- Be in a Band: Jon Whidden
- Berrien Springs Public School - Band or Choir
- Dave Carlock's FRS Program
- Jazz & Creative Institure - Kalamazoo
- Citadel : Kindermusik
- Lake Michigan Youth Orchestra
- The Music Academies - Niles
- School of American Music
- West Michigan Homeschool Fine Arts
- Shoreline Music Classes
- Nature/Environment >
- Gymnastics >
- Martial Arts
Physical Fitness & Sports
- Swim and Gym Locations
- Swim Lessons/Swim Teams >
- Technology >
- Vocational Education >
- Dual Enrollment / CTE
- Meet your Mentor
- Contacts / Resources
Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
Ground Zero Volleyball Spring 2020
Instructor: Coach Dawson firstname.lastname@example.org 269-240-4764 (Coach Dawson)
Location: Ground Zero Training Center, 2216 11th Street, Niles, MI 49120
Additional registration at location is NOT required.
January – 20 & 27
February – 3, 10, 17 & 24
March – 2, 9 & 30
April – 6, 13, 20 & 27
Sunday, April 26, 2020 @ 4:00pm – Year-end Recognition
Time: 3:30 – 5:30 pm
Location: Community Evangelical Free Church
120 E. Bertrand Rd
Niles, MI 49120
Description: This course is a student BASE for an educational approach to the fundamentals of volleyball, with emphasis on player’s overall fitness.
This course is not an open gym forum. Techniques and fundamentals will be stressed through developmental drills and then incorporated into games.
- Warm up stretches specifically for volleyball.
- Equipment used in volleyball.
- Terminology used in volleyball.
- How to perform a proper pass.
- How to execute a proper set.
- How to perform a proper spike.
- How to serve the volleyball.
- How volleyball games are scored and game rules.
Syllabus and Instructor Qualifications
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Sara Smothers