- Program Basics
- Virtual Classes >
- Bit By Bit Stables: For the Love of Horses
- Cedar Lodge Stables
- Caliridge Farm: Equine Care and Horsemanship
- Red Bud Gypsies Ranch
- Circle C Stables
- Ground Zero: Exploring Equine Education
- Ground Zero: Mounted Archery
- Patsy Little: Horse Care and Management
- Birchbank Farm: Hobby Farm Life
- Spring Creek Equestrian Center
- Sketching Class: Greek Architecture
- Buchanan Art Center
- Ceramics/Pottery >
- Creative Design with Robert Ritzenthaler
- Design Street in Plainwell
- Drawing and Painting Classes: see tabs >
- Jewelry /Beadwork >
- FLC: Art and Culture Around the World
- Ground Zero: Archery Art
- GVNCP: Nature and Community Arts
- Krasl Art Center
- Photography and Videography >
- Glass >
- Water Street Glassworks >
- Business and Finance >
- Chess >
- Dance: Fine Arts >
- CTE: Career and Technical Education
- Drama >
- Family Adventure Trips >
- Field Trips
- Foreign Languages >
- Humanities >
- Music Lessons: Independent Music Study >
Music Lessons: Group
- Be in a Band: Jon Whidden
- Berrien Springs Public School - Band or Choir
- Dave Carlock's FRS Program
- Jazz & Creative Institure - Kalamazoo
- Citadel : Kindermusik
- Lake Michigan Youth Orchestra
- The Music Academies - Niles
- School of American Music
- West Michigan Homeschool Fine Arts
- Shoreline Music Classes
- Nature/Environment >
- Gymnastics >
- Martial Arts
Physical Fitness & Sports
- Swim and Gym Locations
- Swim Lessons/Swim Teams >
- Technology >
- Vocational Education >
- Dual Enrollment / CTE
- Meet your Mentor
- Contacts / Resources
Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
Elementary Art with Jill Dodge Spring 2020
Studio Location: 3579 E. Snow Rd., Berrien Springs, between Snow Rd. bypass exit and Red Bud Trail.
Ages 5-12 Teacher: Jill Dodge 269-845-0279 email@example.com
Classes begin the week of Jan. 6 - the week of March 13
Elementary Art 1 (Painting)
Fridays 9:00 -10:45 AM
A number of projects will be completed over the course of the semester using media such as, chalk, oil pastels, ink, watercolor and acrylic paints as they explore the techniques of impressionism, pointillism, resist and texture. Students will enjoy a taste of art history learning about great artists such as Kandinsky, Monet, Pollock and others.
* Please brings slippers or clean shoes to change into when arriving at class.
Elementary Art II (Art Sampler)
Thursdays 10:00 - 11:45 AM
This class provides a wide variety of at styles. Students will sample exciting projects in the arts of rubber stamping, scrapbooking, drawing, painting, collage, ceramics/clay and much more.
*Bring slippers or old shoes with clean bottoms to change into. Wear clothes that can be stained, as accidents do happen.
Elementary Art III (Drawing)
***NOT OFFERED S20***
Students develop new skills and talents while they create their own drawings using a variety of wonderful materials. Classes will focus upon developing skills such as lines, shading and composition technique, all while expanding self-confidence!
- Bring slippers or old shoes with clean bottoms to change into.
- Wear clothes that can be stained as accidents do happen.
- Projects will be stored in the studio until the last day of class.
I have project boards on my Hearth Stone Pottery Pintrest account
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Lisa Van Plew-Cid