- Program Basics
- Virtual Classes >
- Bittersweet Stables: All About Horses
- Cedar Lodge Stables
- Red Bud Gypsies Ranch
- Sandmann Farm: Horsemanship 101 & 102
- Circle C Stables
- Ground Zero - Exploring Equine Education
- Mounted Archery
- Horse Care and Management with Patsy Little
- Janine Frizzo: Small Animal Husbandry
- Spring Creek Equestrian Center
- YMCA Camp Eberhart
- Buchanan Art Center
- Miniature Furniture Construction
- Ceramics/Pottery >
- Creative Design with Robert Ritzenthaler
- Design Street in Plainwell
- Drawing and Painting Classes: see tabs >
- Jewelry /Beadwork >
- FLC: Art and Culture Around the World
- Ground Zero: Archery Art
- Krasl Art Center
- Nature and Community Arts
- Stained Glass Options >
- Water Street Glassworks >
- Business and Finance >
- Chess >
- Dance: Fine Arts >
- CTE: Career and Technical Education
- Drama >
- Family Adventure Trips >
- Field Trips
- Foreign Languages >
- Humanities >
- Nature/Environment >
- Gymnastics >
- Martial Arts
Physical Fitness & Sports
- Swim and Gym Locations
- Swim Lessons/Swim Teams >
- Technology >
- Vocational Education >
- Dual Enrollment / CTE
- Meet your Mentor
- Contacts / Resources
Project Based Learning Electives provided by the Berrien Springs Virtual Academy
Elementary Art with Jill Dodge Spring 2019
Studio Location: 3579 E. Snow Rd., Berrien Springs, between Snow Rd. bypass exit and Red Bud Trail.
Ages 5-12 Teacher: Jill Dodge 269-845-0279 email@example.com
Classes begin the week of January 7 - March 14
Elementary Art 1 (Painting) ***CLASS CANCELED***
Mondays, 2:00-4:00 PM
A number of projects will be completed over the course of the semester using media such as a wide variety of paints, pastels, ink, as they explore the techniques of impressionism, pointillism, resist and texture. Students will enjoy a taste of art history learning about great artists such as Kandinsky, Monet, Pollock and Seurat.
* Please brings slippers or clean shoes to change into when arriving at class.
Elementary Art II ( Art Sampler ) ***12:30 PM CLASS CANCELED***
Mondays, 4:00 - 6:00 PM
Tuesdays 12:30 - 2:00 PM
This class provides a wide variety of at styles. Students will sample exciting projects in the arts of rubber stamping, scrapbooking, drawing, painting, collage, ceramics/clay and much more.
*Bring slippers or old shoes with clean bottoms to change into. Wear clothes that can be stained, as accidents do happen.
Elementary Art III (Drawing) ***CLASS CANCELED***
Mondays 12:30 - 2:00 PM
Students develop new skills and talents while they create their own drawings using a variety of wonderful materials. Classes will focus upon developing skills such as lines, shading and composition technique, all while expanding self-confidence!
- Each class is one and a half hours.
- Bring slippers or old shoes with clean bottoms to change into.
- Wear clothes that can be stained as accidents do happen.
- Projects will be stored in the studio until the last day of class.
I have project boards on my Hearth Stone Pottery Pintrest account.
*Please note: it is important to make as informed a decision as possible when choosing your student's Community Resource classes. Most locations will allow a student to drop a class after one meeting, at no charge if it wasn't a good fit for the student, but not all. Some classes plan ahead based on the number that have signed up and have purchased materials, hired teachers, etc. and there might be a fee for class time or materials given to the student if the student drops after one or two meetings. The school cannot pay for classes that students do not complete, so choose wisely; if you do not take the class off of your student's schedule by the deadline, you may be asked to pay for the class time incurred prior to dropping the class.
Teacher of Record: Lisa Van Plew-Cid